20100225

The goal by the end of the summer

Hasselblad 501cm + Carl Zeiss 80mm Planer 2.8
+
 Phase One  P21 Digital Back
It will probably take off almost 1/2 of my entire summer earnings (weddings that I'm shooting are not included in that amount yet, although it will still take a huge chunk) and you know what? It'll be worth every penny. Neither of these models are set in stone in my mind, and by the time I actually order both of them, I'll be constantly checking ebay for used ones for cheaper prices. I'll basically be ok with anything used that is 16 megapixels and under $5000. Also I have to be super careful about buying the Hasselblad first (since I plan on doing that once I get a check for a wedding I'm doing in September) since Digital backs fit on only a few or 1 model of Hasselblad.  For the people that actually buy these new, take amazing care of them, since it is quite a large investment. Breaking one of these is the equivalent of smashing your car. Also spending $2000-$3000 is always better then spending $4000-$5000 on the same item (while in the P21's case $5000 on an items that cost $11000 new)!

No comments:

Post a Comment